The attached updates net/parla DeltaChat client to 0.9.0

The most relevant change from previous 0.8.2 version apart from minor bugfixes and improvements is enabling WebXDC apps by default, which adds a LIB_DEPENDS on webkitgtk60 and some corresponding WANTLIB additions.

WebXDC apps [1] are mini secure/sandboxed html/js/css applications for collaboration, information sharing or gaming etc.

I tested a few: simple ones like calculators/chess/checklists worked fine. More advanced applications such as the Calc mini-spreadsheet which use WebAssembly are out of reach for Webkitgtk60.

Tested on 8.0-beta amd64 1788462483 - Thu Sep 3 19:08:03 UTC 2026 (after the libc bump)

Tests and comments welcome.

If interested in secure/private messaging, Delta Chat [2] is worth a look. I have used it for some years on mobile, including with contacts in countries behind aggressive State firewalls.

The 'Chatmail' server component (effectively a restricted IMAP server) DC uses is based on a Debian 12 core. At the moment public instances are run by the development team with NLNet support. I don't have the in-depth email knowledge to port that config to OpenBSD, but it is surely possible.

[1] https://webxdc.org
[2] https://delta.chat

Chris

Attachment: parla.tgz
Description: application/compressed-tar

Reply via email to