On Sat, 12 Sep 2026 09:42:26 +0300
Mikhail Pchelin <[email protected]> wrote:

> I use this tool frequently at work to navigate between directories.
> Basically, you call 'zi' and it presents an fzf-crafted menu of
> entries matching your pattern, then you can fuzzy search and entries
> are ranked by score.
> 
> More examples can be found on the project's github page.
> 
> $ pkg_info zoxide
> Information for inst:zoxide-0.10.0
> 
> Comment:
> smarter cd command
> 
> Description:
> zoxide is a smarter cd command, inspired by z and autojump.
> 
> It remembers which directories you use most frequently, so you can
> "jump" to them in just a few keystrokes. zoxide works on all major
> shells.
> 
> For example for zsh, add the following to the end of ~/.zshrc:
> 
> [[ -x `which zoxide` ]] && eval "$(zoxide init zsh)"
> 
> Maintainer: The OpenBSD ports mailing-list <[email protected]>
> 
> WWW: https://github.com/ajeetdsouza/zoxide

Tested on zsh (from ports) and ksh (from base):
- With ksh on arm64 with a raspberry pi 3b+ and a large 8gb swap so it
  would build.
- With zsh on amd64 on my main ports dev machine.

This is what I added to my .profile for ksh:

if command -v zoxide &> /dev/null
then
        eval "$(zoxide init posix --cmd cd --hook prompt)"
fi

And this is what I have to my .zshrc for zsh:

if command -v zoxide &> /dev/null
then
    eval "$(zoxide init --cmd cd zsh)"
fi

I've been using this out of the ports tree on my dev machine (installed
with cargo) for a few months before this port was submitted. I
appreciate this port being created, which means I have one less out of
tree software used in my workflow.

/usr/ports/sysutils/zoxide git:(main) $ make port-lib-depends-check
zoxide-0.10.0(sysutils/zoxide):
Missing: m.10 (/usr/local/bin/zoxide) (system lib)
WANTLIB += m
*** Error 1 in target 'port-lib-depends-check' (ignored)
/usr/ports/mystuff/sysutils/zoxide git:(main) $ portcheck
sysutils/zoxide

Seems a WANTLIB was missed, though.

Thanks!

-- 
iz (she/her)

> I say mundane things
> so the uninteresting
> just might get noticed.

izder456 (dot) neocities (dot) org

Reply via email to