On 2026/09/19 10:14, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> this is my attempt to add -java SUBPACKAGE to sysutils/sleuthkit.
> I took graphics/opencv as template.

> My only problem is, that the -java SUBPACKAGE depends WANTLIB/LIB_DEPENDS on 
> the -main
> SUBPACKAGE.
> 
> with that, I can't easily:
> 
> cd sysutils/sleuthkit && make install
> 
> I have to:
> cd sysutils/sleuthkit && FLAVOR=no_java make install && make clean && 
> SUBPACKAGE=-java make
> install
> 
> that doesn't look right, I guess dpb won't cope with it, or?

Doesn't "make install-all" do it? It shouldn't be an issue for dpb
or people installing with pkg_add.

That said, why not just include this in the main package? If it was a
more widely used library then splitting could make more sense but I'm
not sure this is worth the extra hassle.

> Do I have to stick all shared libs into theĀ -main package to get around it?
> Just only the .jar files for the -java SUBPACKAGE left?

I don't see any point in splitting like that.

Reply via email to