On Monday, 21 September 2026 20:32:55 CDT Robert B. Carleton wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2026 20:14:02 -0500
> 
> "Robert B. Carleton" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I updated my -current snapshot and installed KDE today. This was my
> > first round of running KDE on a snapshot, so I didn't quite know
> > what
> > to expect. The kde-plasma package readme helped get things going. No
> > serious issues there.
> > 
> > I noticed that the kontact package doesn't include kde-pim as a
> > dependency. There might be some good reason, but I thought I'd
> > mention it in case it's an oversight.
> > 
> > I'm going to spend some time kicking the tires with the kontact
> > suite. I'll try to offer some useful feedback.
> > 
> > Cheers,
> > 
> >                     --Bruce
> 
> I guess I already found the first thing. Kleopatra couldn't find
> sha256sum, sha512sum, sha1sum, or md5sum when it does its self test.
> Those are in coreutils, but have the "g" prefix, probably to prevent
> name space clashes elsewhere.
> 
> I don't know if the game plan is to include coreutils as a dependency
> and adjust the Kleopatra configuration, or something else.

I setup my IMAP accounts, address book and calendar. All of that worked 
without drama. I'm posting from kmail, via kontact.



Reply via email to