On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 03:10:41AM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Hi,

> Minecraft is a popular block-building mining crafting game with procedurally
> generated worlds. This package contains the official multiplayer server for
> Minecraft: Java Edition, currently published by Microsoft.

> Included is a wrapper script that selects the right Java version and sets
> some Java flags that otherwise the program whines about.

> I would have liked to provide an rc script, but Minecraft expects the
> server to run in the foreground and accept commands on stdin. Without
> an rc script, I felt it wasn't worth allocating a user for this either.
> (FreeBSD disagrees: their port provides a user, and requires the server
> be run as root so it can drop to that user.)

> ok?

The default memory limits seem a bit low (Mojang recommends 4096M for each
of those for 26.3).

Also seems a little cruel to have it default to a server version that we
can't run the client for yet :)

I realize the memory is just the default, but I'd probably double the limits
at least.

Otherwise ok kmos

--Kurt

Reply via email to