On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 06:12:28PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2026/09/22 19:34, Guillaume MULLER wrote:
> > I'm using llama.cpp for some projects. The version that is in the packages 
> > (for OpenBSD 7.9) is very old and cannot run most of the current models.
> >
> > So I downloaded and compiled the latest version from the official GitHub 
> > repository. It works perfectly fine without any modification (with just CPU 
> > support).
> >
> > I wanted to ask the maintainer to update the version, and I just noticed 
> > that it is in fact already in the ports!
>
> For this (and most other software that's in ports), if you want the
> newest versions, you should run -current snapshots. Currently they're
> pretty close to what will become 8.0 release.
>
> Sometimes updates are backported to the last -stable branch, though
> this is more common where security or other important fixes are
> involved - and usually not in cases where it's more difficult to do.
> llama.cpp is in the latter category, updates often need newer libggml,
> and there are a few other ports which depend on this.
>

for this particular port you can just build it from github locally, it more less
builds unmodified (usually, sometimes they race ahead of us a bit)

Reply via email to