On 23/03/2024 10:12, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
Hi!

Seems that an upstream change broke compatibility between
databases/p5-DBD-mysql and MariaDB :

DBD::mysql requires MySQL 8.x for building. Version reported by
mysql_config --version: 10.5.23 at ./Makefile.PL line 451, <PIPE> line
3.
Since I use MariaDB, I don't want to install mysql80-client
Use databases/p5-DBD-MariaDB.

It gets a little more complicated than explicitly using p5-DBD-MariaDB,
as all the ports listing p5-DBD-mysql as a dependency will fail to build
- in my case mail/opendmarc, security/amavisd-new, mail/spamassassin,
databases/mytop...

A not so short time quasi-solution would be switching back to
mysql80-client?

- H.