On 16/08/2024 01:34, henrichhart...@tuta.io wrote:
Hi Miroslav,

Please see my email titled: "Quarterly backport for multimedia/x265 patch" sent
to this list a few hours before yours. Shortly after sending it, the patch was committed
to 2024Q3. Builders will have to catch up, but hopefully things can be resolved.

I do feel like this could have been caught and fixed faster with some better
alerting. I've heard of pkg-fallout and know little of it, but maybe it should
have noticed this? Or did it? I have no idea.

I know it's a terrible experience when pkg is wanting to remove your desktop
packages in bulk.

Thank you for pointing to this thread.
This is really bad experience with quarterly branch. I think the branch should be published only after the successful build of main packages. Blindly created quarterly branch which is not working for about 6 weeks is terrible experience.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman