On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 11:25:28PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Recently I picked up a simple USB joystick...
>
> uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> uhidev0: MOSIC USB 2A4K  GamePad, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 3/0
> uhid0 at uhidev0: input=3, output=0, feature=0
>
> ...to check out the joystick support situation in our game ports.
> I've tried a bunch of plausible candidates and none had working
> joystick support.  In fact, are there _any_ game ports that handle
> a joystick?
>
> I know that emulators/xmame supports joysticks through the *BSD USB
> API, but even that program segfaults when you try to use the feature.

There are quite a few SDL based ports that use a joystick via SDL.
ScummVM has hacky joystick support I did quite some time ago for a laugh,
although this now needs to be enabled via command line option
--joystick or config file option.  Playing 2d adventure games with a
racing wheel from a friends PS2 seemed rather amusing at the time.

games/scummvm
and games/bass games/fotaq or http://www.scummvm.org/demos.php
for files to use with the interpreter.