On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 07:05:41PM -0500, Vladimir Támara wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 06:52:34PM -0700, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > DESCR:
> > <<<
> > Foomatic data for the HP's HPIJS (http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net)
> > printer drivers, to be added to the Foomatic database (package
> > foomatic-db). Supports also the patched versions from
> > http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/printing/hpijs/.
> > >>>

> > port tarball attached and at
> >
> > http://www.jakemsr.com/openbsd/ports/port-tgzs/foomatic-db-hpijs-1.5_20050621-port.tgz
> >
> > comments?
>
> Good evening in the Lord
>
> I tested your foomatic ports, they work fine for me with:
>
> OpenBSD 3.7 / CUPS / HP PSC-1315
> OpenBSD Current / CUPS / HP Laserjet 5
>
> By the way foomatic-db-hpijs requires hpijs:
>
> RUN_DEPENDS=            :hpijs-*:print/hpijs
>
> I prefered to use a patched port of hpijs (attached). It
> is for the latest version of hpijs (1.7.1) and it doesn't write over
> /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip  neither /usr/local/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip

I am aware of this conflict.  I made a hpijs-1.7 port as well, similar to
yours, but I don't have any HP printers to test a modified hpijs with.

are you using an HP printer?  are you using hpijs?

does anyone use hpijs and would be willing to test some significant
changes to it?

> In the first configuration I replaced the file
> /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip distributed with CUPS with a
> link to the foomatic-rip included in your ports.

hmmm, CUPS as well ...

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>