Kurt Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had forgotton about it.... here's the status: I would prefer not
> to make a flavor out of gtk2, instead just cut over to it when it is ready.
> firefox is big enough that mantaining two versions takes too much
> time.
>
> If people want this in it needs testing and positive feedback to the
> list.

With GTK2, the text input fields don't accept Emacs editing commands
any longer, which is very crippling at least for me.

Oh, Google to the rescue, putting

gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"

into ~/.gtkrc-2.0 re-enables this for GTK2 applications.
(Is there an environment variable for this?)

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]