On Aug 12, 2005, at 3:31 PM, Jason Dixon wrote:

I found the culprit but I'm not sure what type of bug this is. If I pkg_delete php5-gd, apache starts fine. As soon as I re-install and enable it, apache won't start.

There's definitely something amiss with php5-gd. With no php5-gd, "pear list" works as expected except for this error:

# pear list
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/var/www/ lib/php/modules/gd.so' - Can't open file in Unknown on line 0
Installed packages:
===================
<snip>

Now, if I install php5-gd and try it again, I get nothing at all besides the prompt:

# pear list
# pear list
#

Very strange.  Would anyone like a ktrace of pear?

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting