On Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:06, Josh Grosse wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:59:38PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > I've been using the OpenBSD KDE/Qt packages for about 3-4 years.
> > Now I want to build it myself to have more current versions.
>
> "DO NOT mix versions of Ports and OpenBSD!
>
> "If your system is Release, use the Release version of the ports tree. Don't
> try to use a -Current version of the Ports tree on a -Release or -Stable
> system. Not only is it not likely to work, you will irritate people when you
> ask for help about why 'nothing seems to work!' Note that there is a -Stable
> branch of the Ports tree as well, where critical fixes to -Release ports will
> be made."
>
> Source:  FAQ 8.4.  http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#Ports

When I wrote "current versions" above, I meant versions built from source
code coming straight from kde. In fact, I now think I will be installing OpenBSD
and Xwindows, but no KDE or Qt. I expect to build KDE and Qt from the KDE and Qt
source distributions and use what I build, unless there is a show stopper I'm
not yet aware of.

Dave Feustel
--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
(You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,