umaxx wrote:
works fine under i386:

Great, thanks a lot for all the feedback :)

btw. i've done the following to let it run on the server:

* add ip of clients to /etc/sane.d/saned.conf

Yes, this is documented in the man pages.

* add following line to /etc/services: sane 6566/tcp # saned

pkg/MESSAGE tells you to do so.

* add following line to /etc/inetd.conf: sane stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/saned saned

You should (as the man page suggests) do this instead :
sane-port stream tcp nowait _saned._saned /usr/local/libexec/saned saned

Then change owner of you scanner device (ie : /dev/uscanner0) to _saned._saned

i use your xsane port on the clients (ppc/i386).

Yes, I have to rework this port from scratch... I just wait for this one to be committed first.

i hope this sane-stuff will be commited soon.

So do I :)

Thanks again !

Antoine