On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:18:41 +0200
Marc Espie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:58:47PM -0400, Brad Ely wrote:
> > The way bsd.port.mk is written makes it fairly easy to implement
> > the following for-{all,build,run}-depends target(s) to do ad-hoc

> > Any good?
> > Brad Ely
>
> Not really. You can use the output of the *-dir-depends inside shell scripts
> that would do more or less what you propose.
>
> There's not any real need to add more infrastructure, this is what we
> usually do.
>
> e.g.,
> make all-dir-depends|tsort|while read i; do cd /usr/ports; SUBDIR=$i make
> show=PKGNAME; done

Yeah, I have a similar script (even posted it here a while ago).
The nice thing about having the target(s) is that you get the
dependent environment (PKGPATH, SUBPACKAGE, and FLAVOR) already set
up for you.  Pulling that from the make side into the shell script
isn't quite as fast.  Besides, I didn't think you liked shell
wrappers that much.  So sometimes its Ok to treat the ports
infrastructure like a black box?  :-P

--
Brad Ely