On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 11:43:09PM +0200, Stephan Tesch wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2005 06:04 schrieb Jacob Meuser:
>
> Hi Jacob,
>
> > yeah, my bad.  forgot I had taken that out.
> >
> > new patch attached.
>
> The package builds fine. But I got a problem with transcode itself. It
> segfaults on my 3.8-current system (snapshot from middle of Sep). The problem
> looks like this:
>
> *** WARNING: The option -V is deprecated. ***

running transcode from dvd::rip?

> Segmentation fault (core dumped)   2.02 fps, EMT: 0:00:13, ( 0| 0| 9)

> If you need any additional information, just say so.

can you verify this happen with 0.6.14 on -current too?

check if it was tcdemux that segfaulted.  if it is. and you can get
useful backtrace, I'd like to see it.  bugs in the VOB demuxing code
seem to have been exposed by the new malloc ... the segfaults started
suddenly for me a few months ago on -current.  I've tried tracking
down where exctly the problem code is, but I have not pinpointed it
yet.

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>