On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 07:11:49PM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> >Well, tell you what, I'll get pkg_add and pkg_delete to print a summary
> >of what changed (+pkg1 pkg2 -pkg1 pkg2).
>
> Oh, that would be something ! And once you have it, why not add three
> lines to *display* pkg_info -M /var/db/pkg/foo_s/+DISPLAY if these exist
> ? Then I can seat myself in front of an xterm (I usually don't) and do
> what I actually proposed, at least conceptually.

I don't think this is going to fulfill your requirements, if you're
missing the install messages while installing ports you're going to miss
the +pkg1 pkg2 -pkg1 pkg2 too as pkg_add is run multiple times, i.e
after each dependency is built and at the end installing the original.

> >That's quite enough. You know you can do pkg_info -M /var/db/pkg/*
> >and get all install notices displayed, don't you ?

pkg_info -M `ls -rt /var/db/pkg/`

Most recent last, easier not to miss things.