--- Michael Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Alternatively one could install timidity, but I don't want to
>make that a dependency -- especially because it segfaulted when
>I tried it.

I couldn't get timidity to play the .gm files either, even outside
the game.  It segfaults for me as well.

>I've added a patch to use the in-tree midiplay(1) by default. It
>works, but it doesn't sound very well on my laptop, so I won't
>patch the game to enable music by default.

This does work for me, but since my midi device is the PC speaker,
I haven't left it enabled this way for long.  I guess I don't need
THAT much nostalgia...  ;)

>I've attached an updated version of the port that includes the
>patches from Jacob Meuser.

This version of the port also works fine for me on i386.

Thanks again!

Rodney Hopkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET