On 30 Dec 2005, at 3:50 PM, Arnaud Bergeron wrote:

Here is a tarball and hopefully someone with more cvs skill can make a
proper diff.  (The netatalk port dir is cluttered with tons of subdirs
and they don't diff well.)

The only pertinent sub directory now days is netatlk/stable. All others have lived in the attic for years.

First off you will need to sink wantlib with what is in current (1.6.3).
the post-patch target in current (1.6.3) ensures netatalk builds with OpenBSD's include/atalk header files.

This was tested on i386 (2+ weeks of usage), please try it on other archs.

What ever happens with this port, it needs testing on a 64 bit arch like alpha before it goes anywhere. Netatalk has a history of not running on alpha correctly, (mainly atalkd) hence some of the existing patches in the patches directory.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to a 64bit arch like alpha anymore. (former employer). So can not test here.

I haven't looked at Netatalk code in a long, long time, but I bet it's still as bad as it was. Hence the conversion to snprintf, stlcpy et al.

The netatalk developers kept adding 1 to the buffer size for things like filenames, etc. If this is still the case, then truncation of the string null terminator may occur as the buffer is passed around with really long filenames. Don't know if this is still the case but you'll need to read some code to determine if it is.

Hope some of this helps.

As a side note, this port had no maintainer so I took the liberty to
make myself the maintainer.

Arnaud
<netatalk-2.0.3.tgz>

Ian McWilliam