On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 06:36:30PM -0800, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 07:32:38PM -0600, edgar mortiz wrote:
> > I'll try to cvs the ports -current and see if i can build xchm as well as
> > firefox 1.5
>
> nonono.
>
> you don't want the whole -current ports tree on -stable.
>
> definitely do _not_ do that.
>
> read again what Joachim wrote.
>
> you _may_ have luck pulling _individual_ ports from -current, but
> this is not likely to work "out of the box", and you probably won't
> get much, if any, help doing that either.

Yes, don't expect any help.

And I wouldn't try Firefox - it's a bitch to build at the best of times,
and it requires lots of dependencies. Better to stick to what works.

xchm might do it. I am running one -current package, dovecot, because
it has some features I really liked and I had faith in its stability.
Otherwise, stick to -stable. And don't try -current if you're not
willing to have some fun with glue after the thing falls apart yet
again.

                Joachim