Quoting Michael Knudsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Quoting steven mestdagh ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > i still see the man page ending up in section 1, but i think that is fine.
> > i don't have a problem viewing the man page.
>
> Oh, interesting. I'm using MANPAGER=less. With MANPAGER=more there's no
> issue. Using hexcurse, I'm seeing 70 0x0A's -- it seems like these are
> ignored by more. I don't understand where these line feeds come from,
> though. I'll try digging more into it.

I've found a hack that reduces the number of blank lines with
MANPAGER=less from 70 to three: Remove a blank line before the markup
commands(?).

Update attached.
--
The Librarian gave him the kind of look other people would reserve for
people who said things like `What's so bad about genocide?'