Lars Hansson writes:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:00:22 +1300
> Shane Lazarus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Heya
>>
>> Given all of the PHP packages seem to require PHP5, where do I go
>> to find PHP4 packages/ports, or how do I modify the existing
>> requirements?
>
> Uh, I see php4 packages both for current and 3.8 on the mirrors:

That's not the question.  What the OP probably means is that all
third-party PHP ports, like for example Horde, depend on the php5
port.  You can't built packages that depend on php4.

If I were the OP I would install the relevant third-party PHP packages
manually without using the ports system.  Alternatively, he could copy
those ports to /usr/ports/mystuff and alter the dependencies.