Hello,

trying to tackle the PHP 4.4.2 stuff myself, I ran into the following
problem:

make fetch: ok... file was correctly downloaded

But make makesum:

# /usr/bin/make makesum
make: don't know how to make makesum. Stop in /home/obsd/ports/www/php4.

(PORTSDIR set correctly)

Looking into ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk, I can't find
any good reference to 'makesum', and only a reference to 'checksum'.
Trying to copy the makesum part from bsd.port.mk yields:

# /usr/bin/make makesum
make: don't know how to make fetch-all. Stop in /home/obsd/ports/www/php4.

But looking into that Makefile again yields that the 'addsum' target
also depends on 'fetch-all'.

Trying this from the 'core' subdirectory produces a correct distinfo
one level above. Is this intentional behaviour?

Best,
--Toni++