Hello Marc,

On Thu, 09.02.2006 at 20:24:26 +0100, Marc Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> me:
> > ok, then I'd like to log an error with Zope < 3.0 because this depends
> > on 2.4 as per port, but is only verified for 2.3 as per the Zope
> > release managers, and there is even a claim that breakage is likely
> > when you run Zope 2.x on Python 2.4. See mails by Andreas Jung who
> > produces the Zope 2.x releases.
>
> That is _bullshit_.  Sorry....

would you care to elaborate?

I have a quote from him, and I have also learned that it's usually
_not_ wise to try to override such dependencies, esp. not with Zope.

We discussed that before and also didn't reach any consensus. Ok, maybe
I should have writen < 2.9 instead of < 3.0, but that's about it, isn't
it?

Like eg. this (seeing that 2.8.4 is still head in CVS):

http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.8.5/Zope-2_8_5-released

Quote: " At this time the only supported and recommended Python
versions are 2.3.4 and 2.3.5.

Using Python 2.4.X is not supported and not recommended at this time.
Python 2.4.X will be supported when a security audit took place. This
means that you are using Python 2.4 + Zope 2.8 at your own risk."

You also get slapped heavily when asking for help and saying that you
run Zope 2.8 on Python 2.4 on the dzug.org mailing list (I didn't...).

Best,
--Toni++