Hello!

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 02:22:36PM +0100, steven mestdagh wrote:
>[...]

>>   And I agree with Hannah, please commit this port as is, since it's
>> much better than the one currently in the ports tree, it's just broken
>> and old.

>I think now is not the right time to bring in more updates, as has been
>asked by a few people already. We like to get a port right before
>committing it. 'Anything is better than...' does not make sense to me.
>I suggest you finetune the erlang port after tree lock and then it can
>get the necessary testing.

Frankly, I'm somewhat pissed off. I'm one of those quite a few people
who prepared erlang port submissions over the last few years. Nothing
ever got committed.

Around the last release I expressed that sentiment a bit and got a kind
of promise that the port would be taken up by one of the committers (I
don't remember who it was, but I could look it up) after the 3.8
release. This didn't happen.

And... I *do* think "anything is better" in this case. The in-tree
erlang port just doesn't work *at all*, and is shipped, even without a
BROKEN status. Any of the submissions of the last few years definitely
work(ed) better than that. Much better indeed.

I don't have too much time/energy to spare for non-paid computer work,
and what happened around the erlang port was/is actually another negative
incentive for me.

>steven

Kind regards,

Hannah.