On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Ian McWilliam wrote:
the following is wholly unreasonable

*For the avoidance of doubt, no embedded or device versions of the above operating systems, or any other operating systems, are included as Authorized Operating Systems.*

After reading the whole license, I donĀ“t think a primary goal for Adobe is to forbid BSD systems. It would probably be possible to add FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD as Authorized Operating Systems, if someone cared
enough to ask them about it.

(And desktop and laptops users can ignore the "embedded or device" stuff. That does not apply to you.)

You agree that Adobe may audit your use of the Software for compliance with these terms at any time, upon reasonable notice. In the event that such audit reveals any use of the Software by you other than in full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, you shall reimburse Adobe for all reasonable expenses related to such audit in addition to any other liabilities you may incur as a result of such non-compliance.

This is more bizarre though. It wonder if its really legal (e.g. in US or the European Union) to misuse your strong market position this way. (I think I have seen similar clauses for commercial software aimed at professional users. But I do not intend to invite Adobe represenatives to my home...) The various authorities investigating how Microsoft misused their position should probably look into this one as well.

Another problematic one is 3 h:
"You shall not use the Software to develop any software or other technology having the same primary function as the Software, including but not limited to using the Software in any development or test procedure that seeks to develop like software or other technology, or to determine if such software or other technology performs in a similar manner as the Software."

/Johan