Ash Williams [2006-04-13, 23:12:48]:
> > - can you use MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE ?
> yes, done

come on, you did not even check what you put in there?

> > - can you get rid of the -1.0 suffix for the shared >library names?
> >   hint: avoid libtool's -release flag
> no - this leads to a few compile errors

none here.

> > - this thing wants to install stuff in /etc/scim, you >could install
> >   these files under ${LOCALBASE}/share/examples and then @sample them in
> >   PLIST. just look how other ports do this.
> I can see what you're saying here but without writing a heap of
> patches i don't know how to do this - is this of great importance?
> I see a few other ports write to /etc - or at least try to

Have you thought about why is this software trying to install stuff in /etc?
Probably it wants to find its system wide configuration files there.
You don't need a heap of patches, just use the post-install target or
something.

I have taken the liberty to clean up your port, new tgz attached.
Changes:
- marked it SHARED_ONLY
- removed -1.0 suffix in library names
- regenerated PLIST and patches, removed unneeded patches.

steven