Srebrenko Sehic [2006-04-15, 12:10:23]:
> I though I could remember something like this existed. However, few
> seem to use it since roughly 130 (31%) ports are outdated.
>
> People, let's bring those up to date.

I think you are making this sound worse than it is. Often new versions
of perl modules are released to fix only very minor issues or even
non-issues. In those cases we generally don't update our port. So being
out of date does not necessarily mean in bad shape.

And as Nikolay said, there are many perl ports which a lot of other
ports depend on (hint: make show-required-by). These dependent ports need
to be tested as well to make sure they are not broken. This all takes
time, and should be worth it.

steven