On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:57:29PM -0400, Mathieu Sauve-Frankel wrote:
> > I specifically did NOT update www/p5-libapreq, because the developers
> > switched
> > from the Apache 1.0 to Apache 2.0 licence between 1.32 and 1.33, so this
> > warrants further discussions.
>
> There are already other instances of apache 2.0 licensed code being
> distributed in the ports tree. devel/apr and devel/apr-util for instance.
>
> While I am not a fan of the license, we certainly ship other software with
> more restrictive licenses. What exactly is the issue ?

Actually, I haven't looked very far yet.  Licence review is not something
I love doing, it's just stuff I do from time to time because somebody HAS to.

I was mostly concerned in getting the rest of those ports updated first...
without any reaction from 2 maintainers so far...

I've got `a chance' to play with an installation using Apache2 and mod_perl2
since then, and I must say, I'm not impressed. Not having internal_redirect()
sucks, and I wonder what the apache guys are doing...

I'm getting more and more happy that we're staying with Apache1.