steven mestdagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> i think you got confused about doc. you now have both chicken/doc and
> doc/chicken (you seem to have forgotten update-plist). you need to
> patch the first one away in chicken's makefile.

Yes, I thought that hand-editing that out of the PLIST would fix
the problem.  Apparently not.  :)

`make update-plist' and creating the patch to Makefile.in seems
to have fixed it.

> what are all the BUILD_DEPENDS good for? (builds just fine
> without them) configure breaks down without gmake, so set
> USE_GMAKE.  also, CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu works just fine.

At some point I issued `make lib-depends-check' and that is what
it told me.  I've removed it all and see now that adding the gnu
stuff to the Makefile sucks them in automatically.

Thanks for all the help.  I may yet get the hang of this.

Take three.

--
deanna at sdf