I know this sounds a bit nuts, but I've only gotten the crashing with fvwm,
2.2.5; the version that OpenBSD ships with and has not been updated in 5
years. (I'm not blaming anyone, I realize the scale and resources of this
project.) I noticed a more current verion is in ports, I'm going to look at
that and their changelogs.

Meanwhile, could you please test with 2.2.5 fvwm? If someone can duplicate
what I'm getting, then I'll see what I can do about tracking down atleast
this bug.

On 5/8/06, Jim Capozzoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Travers Buda wrote:
> I've been experiencing slow rendering (mostly with large images) and
random
> crashing with the gecko-based browsers on 3.9 on AMD64. Same browsers on
64
> bit linux behave properly and are snappy. The network is not at fault
for
> the slow rendering. I've been unable to stick my finger on what is
causing
> the slow rendering (common) as compared to the crashing (about once
> every 25
> minutes or so.) A page will load correctly in one instance, and then
loaded
> again can crash the browser. No errors are dumped in the term.
>
> I suspect this is some conflict with Gecko-20060303 and mmap'ed malloc
> (only
> grounds for this is a vanilla linux which is a whole different ball
> park.) I
> don't have a 3.8 box handy to see what verion of Gecko those era
browsers
> were using. But its a fair guess to say it was not Gecko-20060303 =).
>
> The offending browsers which I have used are mozilla-1.7.12p11,
> galeon-1.3.21p3 (galeon only renders slowly, no crashes,)
> mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.3, and mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.2, all of which are
> using
> Gecko-20060303.
>
> Has anyone else seen this or am I just crazy?
>
> As always, lynx works like a charm, sans the fact there are no pretty
> pictures. =(
>
> Travers

I use openbsd/amd64 3.9 as a "desktop" box, and I don't experience any
of your problems with mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1.

-Jim