heya,

i thought i had this problem solved when i was running mysql-4 on my 3.8-release
machine. apparently not, as the mysql-5.0.21 package running under 3.9-release
has issues when i dump the database to make backups. i have the exact issues
described in http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=19134 , where everything runs fine
until i choose to dump the database and then i get error messages. restarting
the server fixes these problems, but i cannot do this on a regular basis since
this is for an online store i've setup.

this is essentially the same problem that i had solved earlier using the
--open-files=1000 switch when starting the mysql server. any advice on how to
make mysql stable under dumps would be great, so i can have regular database
backups without the worry of wrecking the server that runs my store.

cheers,
jake