On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 05:25:31PM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> The tool is the one on 3.9-Stable.
> The whole matter is not satisfying; IMHO. As long as the download is
> incomplete, there is no reason to install partially; no reason not to
> clean up.
> I compare with Debian, and apt-get. There I never have such trouble:
> 1. Download
> 2. Check sum
> 3. Install

There is no way not to install. This is a different design choice, we're
not as resource-hungry as some other tools.

Specifically, the package system does NOT store the archive it retrieves from
the Internet. It does instead unpack it in real time.

It could possibly do the deletion automatically, but I'm not that fond of it,
since you might wish to have a look at whatever you downloaded first.
(I'm not too fond of erasing data, even temporary stuff).

We're trying very hard to ensure stuff will not go wrong, but stuff like
network connection failing is sometimes we cannot deal with...