On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 01:02:23PM +0200, Jon Olsson wrote:
> This patch updates the in-tree darcs from the rather old 1.0.4 to
> 1.0.8 and removes the unneeded runtime GHC dependency, as darcs is
> just a binary. A lot of changes has happened between the versions,
> most notably a security issue has been resolved. See the ChangeLog
> file for complete version history.

I just sent a similar patch[*] to the MAINTAINER (Don Stewart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) and received the following:

----- Forwarded message from Donald Bruce Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Donald Bruce Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:13:57 +1000
To: Will Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OpenBSD Ports: UPDATE deve/darcs

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to maintain this anymore.  Two
weeks ago Jon Olsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent me the very same patch (and
also to ports@ iirc).

I suggest that either you or John should suggest there to take
maintainership of darcs, with my ok, and then submit patches.

Cheers,
  Don

----- End forwarded message -----

Jon, would you be interested in maintaining the port? I don't use
DARCS at all...

[*] Somehow, I read Jon's patch; forgot about it; wondered if I
could get the DARCS port to build tailor, too; saw that DARCS wanted
upgrading; and went back and redid it. Jon's patch is better than
mine, though. ;)

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |