On 9/22/06, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* viq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-09-22 14:53]:
> I am looking at setting up a mail solution for my home usage, and
> those seem to be a popular option from what people on the net seem to
> say. But, when looking at what we have in ports I noticed the versions
> are over 2 years old... So here's my question - did anyone have, or is
> aware of, any problems with them that would be fixed in the newer
> versions? Is anyone actually running those, or self-compiled newer
> versions thereof? Any issues with them?

courier-imap 4.x breaks compatibility in a spectacular way
(authetication is entirely different). latest 3.x works just fine for
us.

newer does not imply better.

Ah, indeed. Good I asked then ;) Though, securityfocus does have a few
entries on courier-imap...
And latest 3.x is 3.0.8, and in our tree we have 3.0.5 ...

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de

--
viq