4.0-current i386:

When attempting to print using cups 1.2.4p2 to the Parallel or USB
port, the print job (and printer) stops with errors such as  "Unable
to open parallel port device file "/dev/lpt0": Permission denied" or
"Unable to open USB device "usb:/dev/ulpt0": Permission denied".

I was able to print via these ports using the previous port of cups
(1.1.23p8) but no longer can with 1.2.4p2. I had set the parallel
printer up using the previous version of cups but the port no longer
appears to be listed in the 'Device' menu.

Otherwise, there are a number of improvements that look very useful
and more user friendly.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
You're at the end of the road again.