On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:30:11AM +0200, steven mestdagh wrote:
>nikns [2006-10-18, 11:36:18]:
>> COMMENT=                "object-oriented extensions to Tcl"
>>
>> [incr Tcl] is an object-oriented extension of the Tcl language.  It
>> was created to support more structured programming in Tcl.  Tcl scripts
>> that grow beyond a few thousand lines become extremely difficult to
>> maintain.  This is because the building blocks of vanilla Tcl are
>> procedures and global variables, and all of these building blocks
>> must reside in a single global namespace.  There is no support for
>> protection or encapsulation.
>>
>> http://secure.lv/~nikns/stuff/ports/itcl-3.3.tar
>>
>> feedback and corrections appricated.
>
>I think you should make it include/itcl instead of itk3.3 ?
>If possible, avoid the version number in these directories, or else
>put the version in SUBST_VARS.
Right.
Updated: http://secure.lv/~nikns/stuff/ports/itcl-3.3.tar
        * Removed WANTLIB.
        * Removed version numbers from include/itcl & lib/itcl.
Updated: http://secure.lv/~nikns/stuff/ports/itk-3.3.tar
        * Removed c from WANTLIB.
        * Removed version numbers from include/itk & lib/itk.

>It looks like WANTLIB is not needed here, and you should reverse the
>RUN_DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS definitions. Put a more restrictive
>pkgspec in there, since now it defaults to tcl-* which will also be
>satisfied by older tcl versions...
BUILD_DEPENDS=          tcl84::lang/tcl/8.4
RUN_DEPENDS=            ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
What do you mean by reverse? BUILD_DEPENDS then RUN_DEPENDS are correct
order as in Makefile template.
And if I'm right, tcl84::lang/tcl/8.4 will stand for tcl-8.4 not tcl-*?

>make regress shows no errors on amd64.

Thanks!