On 2006/11/16 02:00, Soner Tari wrote:
> dansguardian is an anti-virus web filter.

> 1. Is there any specific reason I'm ignorant of, why any or all software
> I mention above were not added to OpenBSD ports and packages? Probably
> nobody needed them? Was there any discussion on these software before,
> which I totally missed?

dansguardian licensing is...unusual. It's GPL but downloads from the
author's site and official mirrors is restricted to non-commercial users
and 1 copy only for commercial users. imo the port wouldn't be able to pull
files from the author's website or an official mirror, in case the person
building the port was a military government, or a commercial user and
they had already built an older version, so there would need to be a
non-commercial unofficial mirror site hosting the files, which the author
"would prefer you did not" (do).

http://dansguardian.org/?page=download
http://dansguardian.org/?page=copyright2