On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 19:27 +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> > > It looks to me like the OS' header file is badly broken -- at
> least in the
> > > sense that if it is a Unix system, both mt_fileno and mt_blkno
> should be
> > > defined in the struct mtget.
> > >
> > > Someone should fix the OS, barring that we will need a patch.
> >
> > Kern, Rus, et al:
> >
> > We have to be really careful with regard how we word things here.
> The
> > way you assert that could be easily misinterpreted or misconstrued
> > have a vendor-bashing tone.
>
> I'm sorry, I did not intend to be vendor bashing.  I stand by what is
> written.
> If it is a Unix system and there are not mt_fileno and mt_blkno in the
> struct
> mtget, there are serious compatibility problems, since I don't have
> an
> OpenBSD system, assuming the OS is not going to change, we would need
> a patch
> to Bacula to fix it.

Coincidental, regarding a post from Theo:

        From: Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        To:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Subject: www.openbsd.org/want.html

        various developers have added new entries to the "want list"

        at www.openbsd.org/want.html

        it would be nice if people would review the page again, to see if they

There is a entry for:

--
"SCSI tape changers (libraries) for hacking on ch(4), st(4) and related
utilities needed in Alberta, Canada. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

So perhaps, if someone is willing to donate the hardware, there is a
bright future for mtio(4), mt(8), ch(4), st(4), and friends....

We have an OEM dell unit that we could donate; but the picker
meta-device no longer probes on the SCSI bus; only the drive.  It has to
be manually operated via the LCD on the front.

~~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.