On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:29:34PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2007/01/09 10:42, Josh Grosse wrote:
> > 7-zip is a file archiver with the highest compression ratio.
> > Tested only on i386, in process of testing on amd64 (qemu takes a long
> > time).
>
> g++ on armish isn't exactly a speed demon, either (2hrs). The program
> seems to run OK there, but I noticed some packaging problems - you list
> a bunch of ${BASE_PKGPATH} in the PLIST/PFRAG.shared which don't work
> out:-
[snip]
> Did you perhaps build it in /usr/ports/p7zip on your system?

Thanks for reporting that.  My "make plist" was built under
/usr/ports/mystuff/p7zip, and I assume that's the packaging problem.

> ...you also need to run 'make
> lib-depends-check' and fix WANTLIB.

Good point.  These apps use libraries from /usr/lib, and they should be
in WANTLIB.  I've also found two typos in pkg/DESCR, and I had a compile
fail in the amd64 build, as g++ needs -fPIC there.  So I have a revision
to make and resubmit.

> Can anyone tell me if these internal-use .so plugins need any
> different handling or is that just for shared libraries intended
> for use in other software?

I did not add them to SHARED-LIBS because 1) they don't show up when I
use ldconfig, so they don't seem like real libraries, and 2) I was unable
to determine if they have any version numbers to stick in SHARED-LIBS
anyway.  There are plenty of ports with other-than-library files in
/usr/local/lib, so I thought leaving them there without SHARED-LIBS was
the right thing to do.