On 2/1/07, steven mestdagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Siju George [2007-01-28, 04:01:01]:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install BRS under amd64 from ports. Running 4.0 Release.
> The compile and Install went alright.
> But the software gives a Segmentation Fault :-(
> Could Some one help me troubleshoot it?

this piece of code (in tsl.c) seems to be a problem, in any case.
stuff is read into tsl_wtable, then they reference it as a Univ_Int
(4 bytes), but within the loop, they cast the resulting int (from univ2int)
into a file_ptr_t (8 bytes on amd64), and put that in element i, which
overwrites stuff they aren't expecting. the end result is you end up
with very large values, which are then passed to fread().

    up = (Univ_Int *) tsl_wtable;
    for (i=0; i<=tsl_wnum; i++) {
        tsl_wtable[i] = (file_ptr_t) univ2int( *up++ );
    }

even if you work around this (which stops the SEGV), it still misbehaves,
sometimes spitting weird characters over the screen... looks like this
code isn't really ready for 64 bit. maybe there is a more recent version
available? if not, then we should perhaps mark it
NOT_FOR_ARCHS=${LP64_ARCHS} ?

Thankyou so much Steve for the reply :-)

Kind Regards

Siju