On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 01:22:32PM +0200, Bjorn Ketelaars wrote:
> Diff below brings notmuch to 0.31. From NEWS [0]:
> - notmuch now supports Emacs 27.1
> - add support for moving between threads after
>   notmuch-tree-from-search-thread
>
> The test suite completes with 4 failing tests, test.log attached:
>
> 1210/1219 tests passed.
> 3 broken tests failed as expected.
> 4 tests failed.
> 2 tests skipped.
> All tests in 1 file skipped.
>
> I'm not sure if these failures are new. Current version in ports hangs
> during 'make test' after 'Message with quote in Message-Id:'. Probably
> related with Emacs 27.1. Unfortunately I don't understand these failures
> and could use some help.
>
> No issues found while using this update, in combination with neomutt, on
> amd64. Python bindings have been build tested only.
>
> [0] https://notmuchmail.org/news/release-0.31/

Thanks for the diff, a few comments:
- REVISION-main = 0 should be removed
- the changelog mentions "Add notmuch_message_get_flag_st and
  notmuch_message_has_maildir_flag_st, and deprecate the existing non-status
  providing versions", and OpenBSD's src/lib/check_sym confirms that
  notmuch_message_get_flag was removed.  I don't think that anything in the
  ports tree uses this symbol, but to be safe one should probably bump the
  library major number.
- the "realpath" non-portability issue was recently fixed upstream, replacing
  "realpath emacs" by "cd emacs && pwd -P", so perhaps the same fix could be
  applied for 0.31 in ports.

About the tests:
- I don't think that I experienced a hang in the tests in previous versions.
- T360-symbol-hiding is just a linking (with relative path) problem, I tried
  fixing it manually (not a permanent solution) and it passed.
- The "Yen tests" were already failing before, and are not real failures (there
  is more than one codepoint representing the Yen symbol, if I remember
  correctly one of these is fullwidth).
- Now the segfault in "notmuch_database_get_config_list: closed db" in
  T590-libconfig is worrying.  I'll send a bug report to the notmuch mailing
  list right now.  Note that this test is new in 0.31, so that might not be a
  new problem.  Also it is unlikely to be triggered in real life (close a db and
  then try to access it) so I don't think that should be a blocker for the port.