On 2020/11/04 19:30, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:
> I'm trying to build freenet, but it requires posix_fallocate for most
> of it's file sharing capabilities. Apparently OpenBSD doesn't have
> it. There is nothing I could find regarding this in the mailing list
> archives. Could I know the reason and what alternative call I could
> use if any.

The reason is that OpenBSD doesn't have everything.

Looks like this is the relevant code:

https://github.com/freenet/fred/blob/4e6bf4b0ea42b713a4261778fac9ca376dc28117/src/freenet/support/io/Fallocate.java#L23

It will need patching to exclude OpenBSD. Adding "&& !Platform.isBSD()"
is probably the easiest for a port, though not suitable for sending
upstream as other BSDs do have this function.

  • [no subject] Dimitri Karamazov
    • Re: your mail Stuart Henderson