Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

> On 2020/11/12 10:56, Omar Polo wrote:
>>
>> Omar Polo <o...@omarpolo.com> writes:

>> > [...snip...]

>> > You’re right, it doesn’t need the -${V} on the distname.
>>
>> ...and I was wrong.  PKGNAME defaults to DISTNAME, so, unless we want to
>> provide an explicit PKGNAME with the version, DISTNAME should have
>> one.  (but fetching works even without the explicit version on the
>> DISTNAME)
>
> A reasonable default is provided based on GH_TAGNAME in many
> cases. All that is needed here is
>
> GH_ACCOUNT =            fmang
> GH_PROJECT =            opustags
> GH_TAGNAME =            1.5.0
>
> (no V/DISTNAME). Check "make show=PKGNAMES".

it never crossed my mind that GH_* also set DISTNAME properly, I’ve miss
that bit.  Thanks for the explanation, fixed in the updated tarball.

> With the various changes your distinfo got out of sync
> (opustags.tar.gz with no version), that needs a regen.

done

> (Distfile names are a common problem I've noticed with various
> submissions on ports@, the filename often ends up as just the
> version number .tar.gz which is not legit, this sometimes comes
> from trying to handroll the equivalent of what GH_* already does
> - in general it's a good idea to sanity-check the distinfo file
> before sending out a diff/tar).

Agreed.  I usually check the distinfo before sending, but almost never
when updating; lesson learned.

> [snip]
>
> Setting a UTF-8 environment allows a few more to pass:
>
> TEST_ENV = LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

Indeed!

Attaching an updated tarball with all of these fixed.