On 2020/11/16 07:42, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> On Mon Nov 16, 2020 at 01:34:23AM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> > The rest of the ports pick up xvid via FFmpeg.
> >

> Fine! How do you know that? Is there a trick to finding that out?
> For me as a person who is not deeply in the multimedia stack, it is
> difficult to see this.

$ sqlite3 /usr/local/share/sqlports
SQLite version 3.31.1 2020-01-27 19:55:54
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> select fullpkgpath from depends where dependspath like
'multimedia/xvidcore%';
graphics/ffmpeg
games/ufoai/base
games/ufoai/base,-main
multimedia/transcode
multimedia/transcode,lzo,mjpegtools

Though TBH I normally just grep ports-INDEX.

This might not find every case though; sometimes porters don't list
a port in LIB_DEPENDS if it comes from a dependency (say portA uses
functions from both libB and libC, and libB uses functions from libC,
sometimes libC won't be listed in portA's depends). I try to always
list as a depend not just a wantlib if the functions are used in the
port itself, but sometimes it's hard to spot these.