On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 18:22:27 -0800
Jeremy Evans <jer...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> OKs to switch the default Ruby version to 2.7?

ok gkoehler@

There are also a few ports that don't depend on Ruby, but do reference
the default Ruby version.  You didn't bump the REVISION of these few
ports, and I don't insist on a REVISION bump, because these ports are
strange.  They are,

devel/git-lfs
        Probably should not have a REVISION bump, because it only
        uses MODRUBY_BINREV to run textproc/ruby-ronn at build time.
graphics/inkscape
        Substs ${RUBY} in a patch to inkscape's list of script
        interpreters.  If a user wrote a script in Ruby, then inkscape
        would run ${RUBY} (which is /usr/local/bin/ruby27 after your
        diff).  I don't know if any Ruby extensions exist; their main
        extension language is Python.
print/texlive/base
        Mentions ${MODRUBY_LIBREV} in pkg/README, but never uses this
        Ruby version anywhere, because the Ruby scripts are in texmf,
        but...
print/texlive/texmf
        Adjusts Ruby scripts to "#!/usr/local/bin/ruby18".
        Ignores the default Ruby version.

On powerpc64, some tests in lang/ruby/2.7 crash with a segfault
on address 0x18.  I haven't seen this crash outside the tests.
I built a few ruby27-* ports on powerpc64 and found no obvious
problems.    --George