On 2020/11/18 21:14, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 10:42:17AM -0000, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:
> > diff attached below with all the rest of the changes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I was about to commit this when I noticed that there's a sole compiler
> invocation which is not honouring our flags:
>
> ```
> cc -DGMP -DMA lrsnash.c  lrsnashlib.c -I/usr/local/include -o lrsnash-shared
> -L . -L/usr/local/lib -llrs -lgmp
> ```
>
> If you can fix that, I'll commit the diff :)
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Edd Barrett
>
> http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

btw there are some other parts of the Makefile patch that can be
simplified but they could be handled later. Specifically, unlike
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, ports doesn't have any claim to honour CPPFLAGS or
LDFLAGS as user settings so there's no need to change the existing
-L${LIBDIR} -> ${LDFLAGS} or -I${INCLUDEDIR} -> ${CPPFLAGS},
as long as it's using the correct dir.

Many ports do use CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to pass things in but this is
normally where the upstream build system already honours them.
Where upstream uses another mechanism (like LIBDIR/INCLUDEDIR here)
it's less hassle to work with that instead.