wen heping writes:

> Hi,
>
>      Here is a patch for net/wget to update to 1.21, it build
> well and run well on amd64-6.8 system.
>

> wen

Thank you for this update. It looks good to me. I can commit this if I
can get an OK.

solene@: Should it be backported to -stable?
${WRKSRC}/ChangeLog reports fixed memory leak, use of uninitialized
stack mem and stack memory leak found by Coverity, and other memory
leaks and a read buffer overflow.

`make test' passes, skipping some. I tested by downloading an openbsd
ISO. I tested against the pending devel/pcre2 update, which I will
commit soon.

Details on `make test'
======================
Here are some notes on `make test' explaining why they are skipped.

1. SKIP: Test-stdouterr.px

This test tries writing to /dev/full and expects an exit status of 3,
indicating a File I/O error (per wget(1)). /dev/full does not exist on
OpenBSD.

unless(-e "/dev/full") {
    exit 77; # skip
}

2. SKIP: Test-no_proxy-env

This is the only new unit test that appears to be skipped. Other tests
are skipped as in the previous release, 1.20.3.

Test-no_proxy-env.log:1:SKIP Test-no_proxy-env.py (exit status: 77)

This test, along with other tests, are skipped for the same
reason. gethostbyname fails and returns an error. This is to be expected
because _pbuild doesn't have network access. I confirmed this with a
minimal python3 reproducer that works when run as a user but fails when
using doas -u _pbuild.

import socket
try:
    ip = socket.gethostbyname("www.working2.localhost")
except socket.gaierror as _:
    print("error");
print("works " + ip);

The other tests that fail for the same reason:

SKIP: Test-https-selfsigned.px
SKIP: Test-https-weboftrust.px
SKIP: Test-https-tlsv1x.px
SKIP: Test-https-clientcert.px