Hi Austin,

aus...@computershop.ca wrote:
> 2) Any reason why the new pseudo-Sendmail wouldn't handle Apline as
> well as the old one did?

This mailing list is mostly for porting work and not for questions about
functionality or bugs that are not related to the porting process but
the software itself.

That being said, I played around with alpine. You're right. If you leave
"smtp-server=" empty, sending an email gets stuck as you described.

I've tried to set "smtp-server=" to localhost as well as to my
SMTP/SMTPs OpenSMTPd server. Those configurations are working fine and
maybe you can use one of these?

Why it gets stuck when falling back to the sendmail binary, I don't
know. Using the sendmail binary manually is working here.

The correct list to address this would be: https://opensmtpd.org/list.html

Best Regards,
Stefan