On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:15:45 +0100
Charlene Wendling <juliana...@posteo.jp> wrote:

> While trying to fix the issue on powerpc64 through macppc, which was
> experiencing the same issue without using gas(1), i've found out that
> our current CVS version of liboil has 18 tests failures on macppc.
>
> The below diff removes the powerpc optimisations also on macppc,
> leaving out only one test failure [1].

I briefly looked at the asm code.  The register names are in Apple
syntax (for Mac OS X), not ELF syntax (for BSD, Linux), but liboil
passes options to gas(1) to enable the Apple names.

I don't know why the asm is broken.  I can see that the asm clobbers
some registers like r11 without telling the compiler.  If I ever find
the problem, I would tell upstream.    --George